Jan 25, 2021 Pageview：234
Batteries are safe, but be careful when touching cells that are damaged and work with lead acid systems that have access to lead and sulfuric acid. Several countries have correctly labeled lead acid as a hazardous substance. Lead can be dangerous to health if not handled properly.
Some Metal of Battery
Lead is a toxic metal that can enter the body when inhaling lead dust or when touching the mouth with hands contaminated with lead. When they enter the soil, the acid and lead particles pollute the soil and drift into the air when they are dry. Children and fetuses of pregnant women are most susceptible to lead exposure as their bodies develop. Excessive levels of lead can affect a child's growth, cause brain damage, damage the kidneys, impair hearing and cause behavioral problems. In adults, lead can cause memory loss and concentration problems and damage the reproductive system. Lead is also known to cause high blood pressure, nervous disorders, and muscle and joint pain. Researchers suspect that Ludwig van Beethoven fell ill and died of lead poisoning.
The sulfuric acid in lead acid batteries is more corrosive and hazardous than the acids used in most other battery systems. Eye contact can cause permanent blindness. Swallowing can damage internal organs and cause death. First Aid - Flush skin with plenty of water for 10-15 minutes to cool affected tissue and prevent secondary damage. Remove contaminated clothing immediately and rinse skin thoroughly. Always wear protective equipment when handling sulfuric acid.
Workers at nickel-cadmium plants in Japan suffer from health problems due to prolonged exposure to metals, and the government has banned the disposal of nickel-cadmium batteries in landfills. The soft, whitish metal in the soil can damage the kidneys. Cadmium can be absorbed by touching the side that gets on the skin.
Nickel metal hydride is considered non-toxic and the only problem is the electrolyte. Nickel is toxic to plants, but harmless to humans. Lithium ions are also harmless. The battery contains very few toxic substances. However, care must be taken when handling damaged batteries. When handling a spilled battery, do not touch your mouth, nose, or eyes. Wash your hands thoroughly. Keep small batteries out of the reach of children. Batteries are most commonly swallowed by children under the age of 4, and push-button cells are the most common type of swallowing. In the United States alone, more than 2,000 children are admitted to emergency departments each year to swallow batteries. According to a 2015 report, the number of serious injuries and deaths from battery discharge has increased tenfold over the past decade. The battery often gets stuck in the esophagus (the tube that carries food). Water or saliva creates an electrical current that can cause a chemical reaction to form hydroxide.
It's easy to forget that the batteries that power toys, electronics, equipment, and cars are actually filled with hazardous chemicals. If the battery is damaged, acid from the battery may leak and cause injury. The skin should be treated immediately to avoid severe burns. How you feel about battery acid in your skin depends on the type of skin. Acid battery Contact with skin acid may cause a skin reaction. As a result, chemical burns may occur. Unlike thermal or thermal burns, battery burns can quickly dissolve the skin.
The Types of Battery Acid that Can Occur Include
Batteries in household appliances are usually alkaline.When these batteries corrode, potassium hydroxide is released. These substances can cause chemical burns, but they can be safely neutralized and thoroughly cleaned.
Car batteries are usually lead acid batteries containing sulfuric acid. Sulfur in lead acid batteries is highly corrosive. Diluted sulfur is sometimes used topically to treat acne and other skin conditions, but the sulfur in battery acid is not diluted enough to be safe on the skin. Skin contact with lead acid batteries may require immediate medical attention.
Can Battery Acid Kill You?
Battery electrolyte is diluted with water in the form of sulfuric acid. Depending on where the battery acid comes in contact with your body, it can be dangerous or irritating. You will not die unless you drown or swallow large amounts that penetrate the inner soft tissues.
The ingredient is usually slightly acidic white lead sulfate, which is acidic and can irritate the skin. If you eat it yourself, you will feel good if you wash it off with soap and water. What happens if you swallow battery acid? There can be serious damage to the mouth, throat, eyes, lungs, esophagus, nose, and stomach. If the poison gets into the lungs, it can cause immediate and long-term damage. Ingestion of poison can be fatal. This can happen one month after the delay.
Sulfuric acid is a highly corrosive chemical that can explode in concentrated form. It can cause severe skin burns, nose and throat irritation, difficulty breathing if inhaled, eye burns, blindness and abdominal burn if swallowed.
How to clean battery acid?
You wash, wax and vacuum your car to keep it looking sharp. But have you ever thought about cleaning things under the hood? Cleaning your car battery terminals can really help your car battery get stronger and last longer! Let's see how to clean clamps and prevent car battery corrosion in just 5 steps using materials you already have at home!
Mix homemade battery cleaner. The recipe is simple. Add a tablespoon of baking soda to a glass of water and stir until smooth.
Disconnect the cable from the battery and check. Make sure the device is turned off. Open the cover and disconnect the negative and positive cables connected to the battery. (For more information on this section, see the User Guide.) Next, rate the battery. Accumulation on the battery, corrosion and dirt on the terminals can seriously affect engine and battery performance. If the battery compartment is leaking, swollen or swollen, skip cleaning and contact Firestone Complete Auto Care directly to request a new battery. Yours is off!
Soak your toothbrush in the detergent and start rubbing! Dip an old toothbrush in baking soda and start rubbing with tongs. To do this, you need a little manicure and you need to brush your toothbrush while you work. Thoroughly clean the terminal until all dirt is removed.
Rinse off excess water with water and dry.
Flush the battery quickly after removing any rust and dirt from the contacts. Pour some water into the spray and spray on the joint. If there is no spray, you can wipe with a damp cloth. Then dry the tongs thoroughly with another cloth.
Rub Vaseline into the connector and reconnect the wires. When the terminal is dry, pour a little petroleum jelly over it. This destroys it, prevents further corrosion and strengthens the joint. Connect the positive and negative wires and you're done! Keeping your car battery clean can keep your car running even if it won't start and the battery level is low. It is important to monitor the battery charge to avoid blocking. Go to the next Firestone Complete Auto Care to test your battery for free! Our experts will advise you on the “remaining runtime” of your battery so you can travel safely and use a new battery if needed!
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon