Jun 25, 2019 Pageview：89
Lithium-iron phosphate batteries are branches of lithium ion batteries with lithium manganese acid, lithium cobalt acid, and lithium ternary batteries. Their properties are mainly suitable for power applications. At this time, they are called lithium iron phosphate power cells, also known as lithium iron batteries. Therefore, the advantage of lithium iron phosphate batteries mainly refers to its comparison with other batteries in power applications. In this sense, it will mainly compare its comparative advantages with the triple-lithium battery and lead-acid battery.
First, compared with the three lithium battery high temperature advantage. Lithium-iron phosphate batteries have better high temperature performance and can withstand high temperatures of 350 °C to 500 °C, while lithium/cobalt phosphate lithium is usually only about 200 °C, and the material of the modified ternary lithium battery is also roughly 200 °C Decomposition occurs.
Second, the "elderly" among the three-the absolute longevity advantage. Lithium iron phosphate batteries have a longer cycle life than lead-acid batteries and lithium ternary batteries. The "long life" in lead-acid batteries is only about 300 times, up to 500 times; Three lithium batteries can theoretically reach 2,000 times, and the actual capacity of about 1,000 times will decay to 60 %; The real life of lithium iron phosphate batteries reaches 2,000 times. At this time, there is still 95 % of the capacity, and its conceptual cycle life reaches more than 3,000 times.
Third, there are many advantages over lead-acid batteries:
1. Large capacity. The monomer can be made into 5Ah ~ 1000Ah(1Ah = 1000mAh), while the lead-acid battery 2V monomer is usually 100Ah ~ 150Ah, with a small change range.
2. Light weight. Lithium iron phosphate batteries of equal capacity are 2/3 of the volume of lead-acid batteries and 1/3 of the weight of the latter.
3. Fast charging ability is strong. The starting current of lithium iron phosphate battery can reach 2C, which can achieve high-magnification charging; The current of lead-acid batteries is generally required to be between 0.1 C and 0.2 C, and fast charging performance can not be achieved.
4. Environmental protection. Lead acid batteries contain a large amount of heavy metals, lead, which produces waste fluids, while lithium iron phosphate batteries do not contain any heavy metals and are non-polluting in production and use.
5. Good value for money. Although lead-acid batteries are cheaper than lithium iron phosphate batteries because of their cheap materials, they are less economical than lithium iron phosphate batteries in service life and daily maintenance. The practical application results show that the cost effectiveness of lithium iron phosphate batteries is more than four times that of lead-acid batteries.
Although the range of application of lithium iron phosphate batteries is mainly manifested in the direction of power, it can theoretically be extended to more fields. This is determined by the various advantages shown in the above comparison, if the energy density and discharge ratio are improved. It is also possible to enter other types of lithium-ion battery applications.
The page contains the contents of the machine translation.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon