Sep 12, 2019 Pageview：33
Lithium polymer batteries which are more commonly known as Lipo batteries are based on a gel-type polymer which has the ability to take different shapes with ease. Most interestingly, the energy density of these batteries is much higher than other batteries which can be found in the market with ease. The reason behind this is the unavailability of any rigid container around the lipo batteries which normally contains dead spaces in between which can affect the charging capacity of the batteries with ease. Therefore, whenever you are going to observe lipo battery in a proper way, you will get a good idea that the entire space in the lipo battery packs is filled with the zero empty space which makes it full of energy in the best possible way.
How does temperature affect lipo battery performance?
Although Lipo batteries are being used in numerous applications but there is a variety of facts available which can affect the performance of lipo battery with ease. But when it comes to seeing the most major factor which can affect battery performance than in the case of lipo batteries “Temperature” will come at the top. It is because for lipo batteries the ambient temperature contains a great influence on battery performance. The optimal temperature level of operating lipo batteries is ranged from 0 to 35 degrees. However, the environment with a lower temperature has the ability to decrease the lithium-ions’ activity. As a result, the discharge capacity of the lipo battery will be weak and ultimately it will affect the use time of the battery in a negative way. It means it will shorten the battery-use time.
However, if you are going to use lipo battery under low temperature for a shorter period of time then the damage will be temporary only and it will not affect the performance of the battery. Most importantly, the performance of the battery will be recovered with ease by reinforcing the optimal temperature range. However, if the battery is going to be charged and discharged in a low-temperature environment for a longer period of time then this will spread out the metal lithium on the surface of the battery. This process can’t be reversed and can cause permanent damage to the performance of the battery.
Charging Tips of lipo battery Temperature Range-Charging Temperature, Discharge Temperature, Storage Temperature
· For the summer season, the temperature range for charging the batteries should be from 5 to 45°C.
· The upper voltage limit of charging a lipo battery should not exceed 4.22V while the temperature during battery charging should not go beyond 45°C.
· For the low-temperature environment, charging must be carried out at room temperature and the limit of the temperature should be ranged from 5 ° to C20 ° C. Also, the charging should not be carried out in the temperature above 40 °C.
· In winters, when compared with the room temperature, the battery life may be shortened when it will be kept at a lower temperature for a longer period of time. while, after getting a “Battery low” alarm you should immediately put it on a charge.
· During high-temperature environment, charging needs to be used within 48 hours once the charging has been completed. Otherwise, a timely discharge is highly recommended to the storage voltage of 3.8 to 3.9V.
· When the temperature is not reaching above 20 °C then this is not a better option for large maneuvering.
· It is highly recommended to store your lipo batteries at room temperature always. You must avoid storing your battery in a hot garage or automobile. You should also avoid storing battery under direct sunlight or extreme temperature. The safest temperature range for long-term short-term storage is from -10?C to 45?C. Also, it is highly recommended to store the lipo batteries away from your kids’ reach. It is because these are the batteries with high density and can cause a problem with ease.
It is always a better option to follow the temperature guideline which is given by the manufacturer on your battery case for better battery life and safety.
How to control lipo battery temperature range safely?
When it comes to controlling the temperature range quite safely then there are some highly important precautions which you have to consider in this regard. Do you want to know what are these best ways which can help you to control lipo battery temperature range in the best possible way? Well, here are some things which we have brought for you which are surely going to be the best to know in this regard. So, have a look at the following information:
· After a high-temperature battery discharge, the battery should not be recharged immediately. Even more, the battery surface temperature could be charged at the temperature below 40 °C.
· Keep the temperature under 45 °C while charging the upper limit of the lipo batteries.
· It is highly recommended to use the lipo battery charger which is recommended by the manufacturer only. Even more, you can never use the other than recommended equipment on the battery to carry out the current larger than 1.5C.
In order to ensure the optimal life and high safety of lipo batteries, the BMS is adopted in the pack of high-temperature lipo batteries to prevent over-discharging, overcharging, low-temperature charging, high-temperature operation, safety problems and even short-circuit in the best possible way. The surface temperature of the fast charging batteries should not exceed 65 °C. Even more, during the process of fast charging, the temperature may rise stably.
However, when it comes to understanding the Lipo battery temperature range, then it is highly important for you to understand that the lipo battery contains highly specific charging requirements. These are the must-follow charging requirements which you need to follow if you want to keep your lipo battery in the best condition for a longer period of time. It is highly recommended to take care of your lipo batteries while charging them in a proper way it is because mishandling of the lipo batteries can cause an explosion.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon