Jul 12, 2019 Pageview：114
Lithium polymer batteries have been slowly taking over the power storage needs all over the world. The ability to be able to store a lot of energy in a small amount of space gives it a great edge over other types of power storage solutions, and the high energy density of lithium enables it to achieve this. This ability to pack a lot of charge in small volume makes it a great choice for small batteries as they will be able to power devices for longer. Small lipo batteries power everything from Bluetooth headsets to remote controlled toys.
What is small lipo battery used for?
The high energy density of lithium polymer battery has made it very famous among small device manufacturer. Lithium polymer batteries ensure that the devices can run for a longer time without having to allocate a lot of space for the batteries. Here are the various things for which small lipo batteries are used for.
Lithium polymer batteries have been a great boon for portable communication devices. Lithium polymer batteries are not as heavy and large as other batteries, making them perfect for powering these devices. Lithium polymer batteries are used to power Bluetooth headsets, personal digital assistants, cellular phones, cordless phones, handy terminal, satellite phones, smartphones, walkie-talkies, modems, pagers, and personal mobile radios.
The batteries are also used in a number of different consumer items. This includes electric toothbrushes, CD players, cameras, calculators, MP3, and MP4 players, laser pointers, rechargeable torch lights, mini flashlight, bike lights, digital watches, smart watches, shavers, remote controllers, and even musical greeting cards.
The compactness of these lithium polymer batteries has also made them common across many medical devices. This includes hearing aids, thermometers, blood sugar indicators, blood pressure devices, compact EEG monitors, body fat monitors, and even digital microscopes.
Lithium polymer battery is also used across many measuring devices like smoke detectors, water meters, sensors, heat meters, and electricity meters.
How to choose a good small lipo battery?
Lip batteries now come in various shapes and sizes, making it very hard to decide which one is right for you. There is no one single battery that is best for all situations, you will have to see which one suits your needs best. There are many factors that you have to consider before you are able to narrow on one battery for your needs. Here are the things that you have to consider
● Voltage: The voltage of the battery is one of the most crucial factors in a battery. If you power device with a higher or lower amount of voltage you risk damaging the device, it could even catch on fire. Each lipo cell provides a voltage of 3.7 volts, so check how many cells your battery has to know how much voltage it can provide.
● Capacity: This is the second most important aspect of a battery. This is a measurement of the amount of charge a battery is able to hold. Higher the capacity more is the amount of time the battery will be able to power your device. Think about how many hours/minutes of power you need before you buy a battery.
● Weight: Batteries tend to get heavier as they get higher in capacity. Thus you must balance out your priorities for weight and capacity when you choose your battery.
● Physical size: Small is a relative term. While a smartphone's battery is small, it is not small enough to fit inside an electric toothbrush. So you need to check the dimensions of your device before you get a battery.
● Connector: There are so many different types of connectors out there in the market. You must make sure that the battery you choose has a connector that is compatible with your device. If your ideal battery does not have the right connector, you can still re-solder it with your desired connector.
● Charging Rate: The charging rate is a measure of the rate of charge your battery will be able to handle. You must never charge your battery at higher rates than recommended as it can harm your battery while making it more likely to catch on fire or explode. Batteries with higher charging rates are able to get charged much faster.
Advantages and disadvantages of small lipo battery
The advantages of small lipo batteries
● Low discharge rates: The batteries will not lose their charge rapidly when not in use. Thus they can be stored idle for a longer time. These batteries will thus be able to run low load devices like watches better as the self-discharge will be lower than the power used by the device.
● Lighter and more compact: The high energy density of lithium polymers has made these batteries much lighter and physically smaller than other types of batteries.
● High voltage capacity: A single lipo cell is able to provide a voltage of 3.7, significantly higher than other batteries.
● Low charge time: Lipo batteries can be more rapidly charged than other types of batteries.
● Higher lifetime: Lithium polymer batteries will be able to go through more charging and discharging cycles before they deteriorate, so they will last longer.
The disadvantages of small lipo batteries
● Expensive: Lithium polymer batteries are very expensive to manufacture.
● Transportation: There are many laws that restrict the transportation of lithium polymer batteries
● Safety: While lithium polymer batteries have grown safer over the years, they still pose a risk of explosion and fire when they get overcharged or physically abused.
● Cannot completely discharge: You must not completely discharge a lithium polymer battery as it will get damaged in that process.
● Lack of standard sizes: Each manufacturer of the Lipo battery imposes his own needs over the design and size of the batteries, so there are not many standard sizes. This makes it harder to find a suitable replacement battery for your device.
Leave a message
We’ll get back to you soon